Tuesday, January 28, 2014

New Books

Some professional reading I recommend:

I am taking 2 classes right now and the professional reading is phenomenal. The first book is called Catching Readers Before They Fall by Pat Johnson and Katie Keier.



This book is a great read for beginning teachers and seasoned teachers alike. This book is mostly about helping struggling readers but it has already made me think about my own theory of reading education.

The next book is called Best Practices for Best Practices in Early Literacy Instruction by Diane M Barone and Marla M. Mallette.

Cover art

This book is more about how research has informed the best practices for Early Childhood Education. I haven't started reading it yet, but I am sure that this book will challenge me to improve my practice.

Both books are available on Amazon.

What books are you reading for professional growth?

No comments:

Post a Comment